Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rachel

One of the great things about my life is the fact that I can never, ever keep up with thank you notes and returning favors.  This is frustrating sometimes, because I hate to not show my gratefulness, but I often have to marvel at the fact that that's a problem in my life: that I've been given so much that I can't keep up with the thank yous.
I say this because, while there are several people that I would like to get on the roof and shout the praises of, today is a special day for one person in particular. 
My sister Rachel is Take this Cup's #1 customer.  This is saying a lot, since so many people have been so incredibly supportive.  Rachel, though, has turned up at almost every farmer's market, taking and posting pictures and modelling drinks, making recommendations to passers-by, and being incredibly and unceasingly supportive.  All the while she insists that driving twenty miles out of her way for a cup of iced coffee with some maple syrup is just what she felt like doing that day. 
On her birthday today her boyfriend Chris proposed.  I hate to admit to shrieking and crying in happiness at the news, but that's exactly what I did.  I'd like to offer my first toast to a lifetime of sweetness and long lists of unfinished thank yous.